Isaac DyeAbt 1755 - 1796 (41 years)
1. Isaac Dye was born about 1755 in Middlesex, New Jersey; died on 20 Jun 1796 in Severns Valley, Kentucky.
WILL BOOK "A" Page 44, Hardin County, Kentucky
In the name of God Amen I Isaac Dye of Nolin in the County of Hardin and
State of Kentucky being of perfect mind and sound in memory for which
and all other blessings which God has blessed me with for which I desire
to be thankfull for and considering the mortality of this life and
shortness thereof and senseble of the seperation of soul and Body the
former I commit to the mercies of God who gave it through the merrits of
Christ my Redeemer the latter to-wit: My Body my will is that it be
decently buried in a Christian like manner at the discretion of my
Executors and as to my worldly Estate wherewith it has pleased God to
bless me with. I will and bequeath in manner following (Viz) I give to
my well-beloved wife Hanah Dye the Plantation whereon I now live and all
the Household furniture with such part of the stock that shall be
sufficient for her use to bring up my children in a Christian like
manner during her widowhood but if the Estate should belikely to be
wasted through any bad conduct it shall be in the power of my Executors
hereafter named to take it into their care for the maintaining and
schooling of my children. The tract of Land that lies in Shelby County
on Jepthas Creek my will is that it be sold to pay my lawful debts and
the six hundred acre tract on the west fork of Cany that is now in Law
if it is obtained I will and bequeath it to my two sons Isaac and James
to be equally divided betweenthem but if Isaac should not return back
from the Jersys my son Job shall have two hundred acres of said tract
and other four hundred to James. The Plantation whereon I now live I
give to my son Job after my wife's decease and the five hundred acres on
cave creek I give to my three daughters vis I give to Sarah one hundred
acres and Elenor two hundred and two hundred to Milly but if theabove
said tracts that is in dispute should be lost then in that case I give
the place whereon I now live to my sons Isaac, Job and James and they
shall pay twenty pounds to my daughter Sarah in trade and twenty to each
of my other daughters Elenor and Milly, one half thereof cash to each of
them and one likely young cow to each of the two youngest of my
daughters as they come of age and for the true executing of this my will
I do appoint my beloved wife and my son Job and Robert Hodgens my
Executors in behalf of my children to this my last will and testament
revoking all other will or wills, legacies or gifts of dower Preceeding
this date in testamony of which I have hereunto set my handseal this
thirty-first day of May 1796.
Isaac Dye (seal)
At a Court held for Hardin County on Tuesday the twenty-second day of
August 1796 the forgoing will was proved in court by the oaths of Bonom
Shaw and Richard Winchester subscribing witnesses thereto and was
ordered to be recorded. Teste.
John Paul CHC
Have Jefferso Co., Kentucky (copy) Deed -
- 2. Sarah "Sally" Dye was born on 22 Mar 1775 in Green Co., Pennsylvania; died on 17 Sep 1845 in Richland, Illinois.
2. Sarah "Sally" Dye (1.Isaac1) was born on 22 Mar 1775 in Green Co., Pennsylvania; died on 17 Sep 1845 in Richland, Illinois.
Sarah married Daniel Ashcraft on 27 Oct 1793 in Hardin, Kentucky. Daniel (son of Jediah Ashcraft and Nancy Friend) was born on 13 Mar 1768 in Pennsylvania; died on 6 Jun 1842 in Lawrence, Illinois. [Group Sheet] [Family Chart]
- 3. Louisa Ann Ashcraft was born on 10 Mar 1811; died on 28 Aug 1870; was buried in Stoltz Cemetery, Richland, Illinois.
3. Louisa Ann Ashcraft (2.Sarah2, 1.Isaac1) was born on 10 Mar 1811; died on 28 Aug 1870; was buried in Stoltz Cemetery, Richland, Illinois. Children:
- 4. James H. Williams was born on 27 Aug 1842 in Jefferson, Indiana; died on 1 Apr 1906 in Jasper, Illinois; was buried in Stoltz Cemetery, Richland, Illinois.
4. James H. Williams (3.Louisa3, 2.Sarah2, 1.Isaac1) was born on 27 Aug 1842 in Jefferson, Indiana; died on 1 Apr 1906 in Jasper, Illinois; was buried in Stoltz Cemetery, Richland, Illinois.
James married Sarah Ann "Sally" Lamkins on 21 May 1871. Sarah (daughter of Thomas Jefferson Lamkins and Elizabeth Jane Brooks) was born on 25 Jun 1855 in La Rue, Kentucky; died on 17 Oct 1942 in Raeftown, Jasper, Illinois; was buried in Stoltz Cemetery, Richland, Illinois. [Group Sheet] [Family Chart]
- 5. Bertha Louisa Williams was born on 26 Sep 1883 in Raeftown, Jasper, Illinois; died on 8 Aug 1961 in Robinson, Crawford, Illinois; was buried in Crawford, Illinois.