Charles Austin Newman1941 - 2014 (73 years)
1. Charles Austin Newman was born on 30 Mar 1941 in West Virginia (son of Walter Charles Newman and Alice Esther Sanders); died on 6 Sep 2014 in NE. 2. Walter Charles Newman was born on 26 Mar 1908 in Maryland (son of Charles Jacob Newman and Emma Grace Lee); died on 24 Mar 1986 in Maryland.
- _FSFTID: 9QHT-S2L
Name Walter Newman Gender Male Birth Date 26 Mar 1908 Death Date 24 Mar 1986 SSN 705095308 Branch 1 NAVY Enlistment Date 1 28 Apr 1944 Release Date 1 29 May 1944
Name Walter C. Newman SSN 705-09-5308 Born 26 Mar 1908 Died 24 Mar 1986 State (Year) SSN issued Railroad Board (Issued Through) - Before 1951
Walter Charles Newman Birth: Mar. 26, 1908 Oakland Garrett County Maryland, USA Death: Mar. 24, 1986 Cumberland Allegany County Maryland, USA Walter was the son of the late Charles Jacob and Emma Grace (Lee) Newman of Oakland Maryland. He married Alice Esther Sanders on 26 Sept. 1934 at Oakland, Garrett, Maryland. He worked his father's dairy farm until his father's death. He then hired on with the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad as a carman in Keyser, West Virginia. His wife of fifty-two years died in December, 1991. He was highly skilled in the art of butchering all meat types, and he trimmed and salt cured the best hams around. He had a great love for the Percheron Draft Horse and American Saddle Bred, which he used to work his father's farm. He was a member of Garrett Lodge 113, Knights of Pythias, in Oakland. He was one of a very few Pythians to wear the Knights 50 year membership pin. He is survived by his son in Montana, three grandchildren, and seven great-grandchildren, all in California. Family links: Parents: Charles Jacob Newman (1870 - 1935) Emma Grace Lee Newman (1883 - 1970) Spouse: Alice Esther Sanders Newman (1908 - 1991)* Burial: Oakland Cemetery Oakland Garrett County Maryland, USA Plot: IOOF Section - 453/7 Created by: Chuck Newman Record added: Feb 13, 2011 Find A Grave Memorial# 65589491
3. Alice Esther Sanders was born on 18 Dec 1908 in West Virginia; died on 10 Dec 1991 in Maryland.
Alice Esther Sanders Newman Birth: Dec. 18, 1908 Brookside Preston County West Virginia, USA Death: Dec. 10, 1991 Oakland Garrett County Maryland, USA Alice was the oldest of four children and the only daughter of the late Austin Pearl and Lulu Virginia Sophronia(Grimes) Sanders of Oakland, Maryland. She married her husband on 26 Sept 1934, at Oakland, Garrett, Maryland and lived with her husband at her father-in-laws dairy farm. Shortly after the death of her father-in-law in 1935, she and her husband moved to Keyser, West Virginia, where he want to work for the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad. She was preceded in death by her husband of fifty-two years, Walter C. Newman She was a homemaker, a devoted and loving wife and mother, and said to be the best cook in two states. As a young girl, growing up on her parents dairy farm, she aquired and cared for what would become her pet groundhog. She was a unique and caring person during her life time. She is survived by her son in Montana, three grandchildren, and seven great-grandchildren, all in California. Family links: Parents: Austin Pearl Sanders (1884 - 1957) Lulu Virginia Sophronia Grimes Sanders (1887 - 1967) Spouse: Walter Charles Newman (1908 - 1986) Siblings: Alice Esther Sanders Newman (1908 - 1991) James Austin Sanders (1910 - 2004)* Harvey Woodrow Sanders (1913 - 2009)* Thayer Walter Sanders (1920 - 2000)* *Calculated relationship Burial: Oakland Cemetery Oakland Garrett County Maryland, USA Plot: IOOF Section - 453/6 Created by: Chuck Newman Record added: Feb 13, 2011 Find A Grave Memorial# 65595474
- 1. Charles Austin Newman was born on 30 Mar 1941 in West Virginia; died on 6 Sep 2014 in NE.
4. Charles Jacob Newman was born on 12 Sep 1870 in West Virginia (son of Isaac David Newman and Sarah P Stewart); died on 6 Jun 1935 in Maryland. 5. Emma Grace Lee was born on 29 Mar 1883; died on 2 May 1970. Children:
- 2. Walter Charles Newman was born on 26 Mar 1908 in Maryland; died on 24 Mar 1986 in Maryland.
8. Isaac David Newman was born on 29 Dec 1839; died on 2 Dec 1905. 9. Sarah P Stewart was born on 31 Mar 1843; died on 9 Feb 1926. Children: